- 3four50: An Oxford Health Alliance Initiative. "Grand Challenges in Chronic Non-Communicable Diseases"
- American Medical Association
- Bezold, Clement Ph.D. "On the DRA Project: Insights and Implications for the Commission; For the Commission to End Health Care Disparities." Institute for Alternative Futures, March 5, 2007.
- Health Policy Monitor
- Hoffman, Catherine and Karyn Schwartz. "Eroding Access Among Nonelderly U.S. Adults with Chronic Conditions: Ten Years of Change." Health Affairs, July 22, 2008.
- Improving Chronic Care Illness. "The Chronic Care Model."
- Pan, Richard J.D., MPH. “Educational Implications of the Medical Home Model: Report of the Council of Medical Education.” American Medical Association, CME Report 4-A-08.
- The National Coalition on Health Care. The Institute for Health Care Improvement. "Curing the System.” May 2002.
- The Oxford Health Alliance. "The cost of chronic disease."
- Wagner, EH, “Chronic disease management: what will it take to improve care for chronic illness?” Eff Clinc Pract. 1998; 1: 2-4.
- Wagner, EH, Austin BT, Davis C, Hindmarsh M, Schaefer J, Bnomi A. “Improving chronic illness care: translating evidence into action.” Health Aff (Millwood). 2001; 20: 64-78.
- World Health Organization. "Preventing chronic diseases: a vital investment". WHO global report. Geneva: WHO 2005.
- World Health Organization, Regional Committee for Europe. “Health workforce policies in the European Region.” Fifty-seventh session. Belgrade, Serbia, 17-20 September 2007.